Saturday, January 10, 2009

re: Dear CL Posters, (Greenwich Village)

(I found this today, but the original was already flagged and removed. I'm not sure I agree with much of anything below (some of it is pretty negative), but I thought it a good rant about what we discuss here.)



Reply to: gigs-988028266@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2009-01-10, 7:28PM EST


To all the people (especially this tool) that believe the ONLY reason to take a photograph is for cash, you are truly pathetic.
You are missing out on so much.
Along with being pathetic, you piss me off because you give photographers a much worse name than some band that is looking for cheap/free pictures.
True, there are people here that are trying to take advantage but, isin't one man's trash another's treasure?
Listen and listen well, you will either need to fix your whiny, poor me attitudes, or, you can get flushed away with the rest of the complainers in the months ahead.
The funny thing is, every single time someone responds to one of my posts like this, their "work" is laughable garbage, I literally show my whole studio your "work" and we honestly laugh.
Spend more time honing your craft and less time dipping into the Kleenex box.
This is New York, we work our asses off to get where we are.

No comments: